Re: PGconn gets frozen ocassionally after select() timeout

От Vick Khera
Тема Re: PGconn gets frozen ocassionally after select() timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Marek Peca <marek@duch.cz> wrote:
> Dear Vick,
>
>> I have very similar code written in Perl, and I never observe failures
>> like you see after a timeout on the select call.  This code has been
>> in production on farily busy systems for several years now.
>
> can you tell me, which libpq and server versions you are running on?
> I have constant problems with libpq 8.3.7, connecting remotely to server of
> the same version.

Right now we're running Pg 8.3.7, but we have been doing this since
8.1 days if not earlier.  Everything here is on a local LAN and runs
FreeBSD.

Based on the other messages in this thread, I'll vote one of your VPN
or NAT boxes is breaking the expectations of your network stack.