Re: Trigger Function and backup

От Vick Khera
Тема Re: Trigger Function and backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Havasvölgyi
Ottó<havasvolgyi.otto@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found the following strangeness on Windows:
>
> create table round_test (id int primary key, value double precision);
> insert into round_test(id, value) values(1, 1.5);
> insert into round_test(id, value) values(2, -1.5);
> insert into round_test(id, value) values(3, 3.5);

Firstly, I'm not sure what this message has to do with the thread
"Trigger Function and backup".

Secondly, please show your table definition.

And Finally, the round() mathematical function is ill-defined.  People
have been arguing over this for decades.  Choose either ceil() or
floor() to get a more precise result with appropriate addition or
subtraction of 0.5 to get the "rounding" effect you seem to desire.