Re: corruption on data table disconnects other clients silently when page is read

От Vick Khera
Тема Re: corruption on data table disconnects other clients silently when page is read
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org> writes:
>> Not only are the other clients disconnected, but there is NO
>> indication whatsoever in the server log that the DB disconnected any
>> clients and is "recovering".
>
> You sure you're looking at the right server log?  This certainly
> sounds pretty much like a standard crash-and-recovery sequence.

Yes; I see the ERROR from the select, including the select statement
itself, then nothing after that.  I use syslog to log and everything
goes to that one log file.  I normally see the DB recovery notices in
there when the DB is in recovery.

Does psql silently reconnect to the DB?  Because my interactive shell
that caused the error did not disconnect.