Re: PGSTATBUFF: Warning - receive buffer full

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PGSTATBUFF: Warning - receive buffer full
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> May 12 15:15:51 gnvdb01 postgres[801]: [75] LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: Warning -
> receive buffer full

> given the archives seem to have no mention of this error, I'm just
> curious as to what it actually means if its something I should be
> concerned about.. ie. will it lead to problems somewhere down the line.

It means the pgstats subprocess fell far enough behind to drop some
data.  This is the designed behavior under heavy load, so it doesn't
bother me particularly.  I think the worst known consequence is bogus
entries in pg_stat_activity (eg, if the stats process missed a
backend-exiting message, it would continue to show that backend as
present in pg_stat_activity, until some other backend starts in the
same BackendId slot).