Re: plpgsql extension install nitpick

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plpgsql extension install nitpick
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
>>> [ plpgsql's comment is now attached to the extension, not the PL itself ]
>>> ... And if you're wondering why I care
>>> about any of this, it's because I'd like to fix up psql's \dL command
>>> to display the comments attached to procedural languages, and I'd
>>> rather not have to special-case plpgsql.

>> Well, all four PLs supplied with core work the same way here, so a
>> special case targeted at only plpgsql would be quite wrong anyway.

> Not sure I follow you here... the COMMENT for plpgsql is in a
> different place than for 'c', 'internal', and 'sql', which is what I'm
> on about.

I was referring to plperl, plpython, pltcl.  If we change this then all
four of those extensions should be changed the same way,  The other
languages you mention are not extensions.

Сообщение: Re: Deriving release notes from git commit messages
Сообщение: Re: Deriving release notes from git commit messages