Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding
Дата
Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding  (Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> On 1/26/2007 4:40 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> It would be nice if we had a separate role for replication services
>> so that we weren't exposing superuser so much.

> So you think about another flag in pg_shadow? Would work for me.

How exactly would such a role differ from a "regular" superuser?  It
would still need an awful lot of privilege bypassing ability.  I'm
pretty dubious that you could lock it down enough to make it worth the
trouble of supporting an additional concept.