Re: pg_upgrade libraries check

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade libraries check
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The bottom line is that already needed function shared objects checking,
> so we just wrapped languages into that as well.

Well, that'd be fine if it actually *worked*, but as per this
discussion, it doesn't work; you have to kluge around the fact that
the shared library name changed.  I'm suggesting that pg_upgrade needs
to be revised to treat this stuff at a higher level.  Yeah, you need to
look at shared library names for bare C functions, but we should be
getting away from that wherever there is a higher-level construct such
as an extension or PL.