Re: [RFC] Should smgrtruncate() avoid sending sinval message for temp relations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [RFC] Should smgrtruncate() avoid sending sinval message for temp relations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"MauMau" <maumau307@gmail.com> writes:
> Looking at smgrtruncate(), the sinval message is sent even when the
> truncated relation is a temporary relation.  However, I think the sinval
> message is not necessary for temp relations, because each session doesn't
> see the temp relations of other sessions.

This seems like a pretty unsafe suggestion, because the smgr level doesn't
know or care whether relations are temp; files are files.  In any case it
would only paper over one specific instance of whatever problem you're
worried about, because sinval messages definitely do need to be sent in
general.