Re: We're leaking predicate locks in HEAD

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: We're leaking predicate locks in HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 5/7/19 1:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> After running the core regression tests with installcheck-parallel,
>> the pg_locks view sometimes shows me apparently-orphaned SIReadLock
>> entries.  They accumulate over repeated test runs.

> Should we have a test for that run at/near the end of the regression
> tests? The buildfarm will actually do multiple runs like this if set up
> to do parallel checks and test multiple locales.

No, I'm not excited about that idea; I think it'd have all the same
fragility as the late lamented "REINDEX pg_class" test.  A given test
script has no business assuming that other test scripts aren't
legitimately taking out predicate locks, nor assuming that prior test
scripts are fully cleaned up when it runs.