Re: Postgres not using array

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres not using array
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Volpato?= <andre.volpato@ecomtecnologia.com.br> writes:
> Tom Lane escreveu:
>> So I guess the question is "what is the bds_internacoes function, and
>> why is it so slow?"

> This function is quite fast:

Well, "fast" is relative.  It's not fast enough, or you wouldn't have
been complaining.

> We are guessing that a dual core 3.0GHz will beat up a quad core 2.2,
> at least in this environmnent with less than 4 concurrent queryes.

The most you could hope for from that is less than a 50% speedup.  I'd
suggest investing some tuning effort first.  Some rethinking of your
schema, for example, might buy you orders of magnitude ... with no new
hardware investment.