Re: Join query crashes 7.3.1 backend...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Join query crashes 7.3.1 backend...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Mark Cave-Ayland" <m.cave-ayland@webbased.co.uk> writes:
> I've upgraded to 7.3.2 and the problem still exists :(. I'm not that
> familiar with the workings of GDB but I managed to get a backtrace for
> you:

Boy, that backtrace certainly looks exactly like the hashjoin problem
that I thought I fixed ... and Rae Stiening, the original complainant,
confirmed that the patch fixed the problem for him.  You're certain
this is 7.3.2?

I'd recommend rebuilding with --enable-debug so you can get a more
detailed stack trace.  The thing I'd want to look at is whether
ExecHashJoinGetBatch() is returning an out-of-range batch number to
ExecHashJoin() just before the crash occurs.  It would also be useful
to look at the nbatch, nbuckets, and totalbuckets fields of the
hashtable structure in ExecHashJoin.