Re: [DOCS] start-up script for OpenBSD

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [DOCS] start-up script for OpenBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
azopane@gmail.com writes:
> I have just installed OpenBSD 6.0 with the postgresql package (pg 9.5.3)

> Section 17.3 of the postgresql documentation gives a recommended startup
> script for OpenBSD to be put into /etc/rc.local

> The path is incorrect for pg_ctl and postgres. These are located in
> /usr/local/bin and not /usr/local/pgsql/bin as given. Naturally this does
> not allow postgresql to start at boot.

Well, /usr/local/pgsql/bin *is* where they're installed if you build PG
from source without modifications.  The OpenBSD packager evidently changed
that to conform with local custom, which is entirely reasonable --- many
other platforms change the install location too.  But we can't document
what other people do.  It's the responsibility of the platform packager
to provide documentation saying what they changed.  Most packagers also
provide suitably customized startup scripts ... did you check?