Re: 7.3.9 Install Question - init.d/postgresql error?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.3.9 Install Question - init.d/postgresql error?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dianne Chen <diana_chen23@yahoo.com> writes:
> I have just installed postgresql 7.3.9 into a RHEL3.0
> environment. ....

> there, the script then cats the contents of the
> PG_VERSION file and compares it to the script variable
> $PGVERSION, which is set to 7.4 in the very first line
> of the script.

You have evidently got a 7.4 version of the initscript.  I would suggest
a very very careful recheck of what you did during the installation
process, because this suggests you have got some unholy mixture of 7.3
and 7.4 installations, which is a recipe for disaster.  Were you trying
to install 7.3 over a pre-existing 7.4 installation by any chance?

Your best bet may be to save aside the data directory (eg, rename
/var/lib/pgsql out of the way), then completely deinstall every
Postgres file you can find, then reinstall 7.3 from scratch, then
put back the data directory.