Re: v7.1 beta 1 ...packaged, finally ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: v7.1 beta 1 ...packaged, finally ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> [ various good reasons ]

> 3) We put the docs into cvs, but the jade/docbook output did not have
> predictable file names. So each release would require wiping the output
> docs and somehow guessing which files were obsolete and which were new.

That's something that's annoyed me for a good while in a different
context, namely that URLs for particular pages of the docs on
postgresql.org aren't stable.  (Well, maybe they are?  but foo58342.htm
doesn't give one a warm feeling about it.  chap3sec7.htm would look
a lot better.)

Is there any prospect of making the output filenames more predictable?
Who should I annoy about it?

> I think that *requiring* that the html docs be built in place to effect
> a release is an extra toolset burden that we should not accept.

Agreed on that one...