Re: Statistics updates is delayed when using `commit and chain`

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Statistics updates is delayed when using `commit and chain`
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I understand this functionality to be tracking what happens at the physical
> level, in which case it is correct. In any case, the bug reported is clear
> and changing that behavior is the focus here. About the patch:

I do not think this is a bug at all.  The behavior is, and always has
been, that we report stats when we are about to wait for client input
and are not inside a transaction.  Likewise for NOTIFY.  The proposed
patch randomly changes that in a way that is very likely to break
clients.

Maybe you can persuade me that there's a reason to move the responsibility
for stats reporting to some other place, but please keep your hands
OFF of NOTIFY.  You clearly haven't the faintest idea what the client
contract for that is.