Re: (some) Indexes ignored after long-running UPDATE and REINDEX at the same time (8.3.6)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: (some) Indexes ignored after long-running UPDATE and REINDEX at the same time (8.3.6)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Marinos Yannikos <mjy@pobox.com> writes:
>> I had a strange problem this morning - I started a long-running UPDATE on a
>> heavily indexed table with about 8m rows last night to test a trigger-based
>> queue (PgQ):

> I think you were bitten by a gotcha with newly created indexes and "heap-only"
> updates.

This would only be possible if it were 8.3 and the reindex script used
REINDEX CONCURRENTLY.  Neither fact is in evidence at this point.

Сообщение: Re: (some) Indexes ignored after long-running UPDATE and REINDEX at the same time (8.3.6)
Сообщение: Re: (some) Indexes ignored after long-running UPDATE and REINDEX at the same time (8.3.6)