Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators
Дата
Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 12:45 PM, David G. Johnston
> <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would vote for Auto meaning On in the .0 release.

> I don't think users will appreciate an auto value whose meaning might
> change at some point, and I doubt we've have much luck identifying the
> correct point, either.  Users will upgrade over the course of years,
> not months, and will not necessarily complete their application
> retesting within any particular period of time thereafter.

Yeah, I think that's too cute by far.  And people do not like things like
this changing in point releases.  If we do this, I envision it as being
on by default in 9.5 and then changing the default in 9.6 or 9.7 or so.

Another possibility is to leave it on through beta testing with the intent
to turn it off before 9.5 final; that would give us more data about
whether there are real issues than we're likely to get otherwise.

Сообщение: Re: proposal: disallow operator "=>" and use it for named parameters
Сообщение: Re: proposal: disallow operator "=>" and use it for named parameters