Re: Error compiling PostgreSQL 7.4 for Fedora Core 1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error compiling PostgreSQL 7.4 for Fedora Core 1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jonathan Gardner <jgardner@jonathangardner.net> writes:
> Unfortunately, in testing the bugger, it accidentally worked. I find this
> most disturbing. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it failed at
> least one more time before working properly.

Weird; there's no obvious reason for the script to be nondeterministic.

The only idea I can think of is that you were almost out of /tmp space
and the missing data got lost because of lack of space to put it.  I'm
not sure whether awk/sed/etc would detect write failures on stdout.