Re: Custom function ROWS hint ignored due to inlining?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Custom function ROWS hint ignored due to inlining?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Philip Semanchuk <philip@americanefficient.com> writes:
> I have a custom function where the ROWS hint is getting ignored. I think it’s because the function is getting
inlined,but I’d like a second opinion.

Yeah, I believe you're right about that.

> I would prefer to have the function inlined for better performance, but
> I can declare it VOLATILE if that’s necessary to give decent estimates
> to the planner. Am I correctly reading the situation? If so, is there
> another solution that allows inlining *and* making the ROWS hint visible
> to the planner?

No, but you could experiment with changing the function to plpgsql
instead of SQL.  Not sure about the relative performance of those
cases, but it's worth trying it both ways.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 15 upgrades and template1 public schema
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 15 upgrades and template1 public schema