Re: PITR, checkpoint, and local relations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PITR, checkpoint, and local relations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> writes:
>> No, I don't think so.  If you are using PITR then you presumably have
>> some process responsible for archiving off log files on a continuous
>> basis.  The backup process should leave that normal
>> operational behavior in place, not muck with it.

> Well, PITR without log archiving could be alternative to
> pg_dump/pg_restore, but I agreed that it's not the big
> feature to worry about.

Seems like a pointless "feature" to me.  A pg_dump dump serves just
as well to capture a snapshot --- in fact better, since it's likely
smaller, definitely more portable, amenable to selective restore, etc.

I think we should design the PITR dump to do a good job for PITR,
not a poor job of both PITR and pg_dump.

Сообщение: Re: PITR, checkpoint, and local relations
Сообщение: Re: PITR, checkpoint, and local relations