Re: BUG #5347: initdb does not work when a data directory has been deleted

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5347: initdb does not work when a data directory has been deleted
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
David Andersen <david.andersen@andersen-innovation.com> writes:
> Thank you for your answer. The error message states:
> "initdb: directory "../data" exists but is not empty"
> This is wrong. ../data does not exist

I really, really doubt that the code gets that test wrong.

Your message suggested that you might have typed ..\data when you meant
\data, or vice versa --- you might want to double check exactly which
directory you meant.  Personally I dislike using relative paths for data
directories; it's much too easy to mess up.