Re: length coerce for bpchar is broken since 7.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: length coerce for bpchar is broken since 7.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Before going further, may I ask you a question. Why in exprTypmod() is
> bpchar() treated differently from other data types such as varchar?

It's just hardwired knowledge about that particular datatype.  In the
light of your comments, it seems clear that the code here is wrong
for the MULTIBYTE case: instead of plain VARSIZE(), it should be
returning the number of multibyte characters + 4 (or whatever
atttypmod is defined to mean for MULTIBYTE bpchar).  I think I wrote
this code to start with, so you can blame me for the fact that it
neglects the MULTIBYTE case :-(