Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Re: Configuring synchronous replication  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 21/09/10 11:52, Thom Brown wrote:
>> My fear would be standby.conf would be edited by users who don't
>> really know XML and then we'd have 3 different styles of config to
>> tell the user to edit.

> I'm not a big fan of XML either.
> Then again, maybe we should go with something like json or yaml

The fundamental problem with all those "machine editable" formats is
that they aren't "people editable".  If you have to have a tool (other
than a text editor) to change a config file, you're going to be very
unhappy when things are broken at 3AM and you're trying to fix it
while ssh'd in from your phone.

I think the "ini file" format suggestion is probably a good one; it
seems to fit this problem, and it's something that people are used to.
We could probably shoehorn the info into a pg_hba-like format, but
I'm concerned about whether we'd be pushing that format beyond what
it can reasonably handle.

Сообщение: Re: .gitignore files, take two
Сообщение: Re: .gitignore files, take two