Re: RPM init-script: Why the locale setting?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: RPM init-script: Why the locale setting?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Troels Arvin <troels@arvin.dk> writes:
> In the init-script contained in the RPMs downloadable from the PostgreSQL
> site (I checked the one for Fedora), an explicit locale is set before
> running initdb. - And the explicit locale is not "C".

Only if you don't have a sysconfig file:

    # Just in case no locale was set, use en_US
    [ ! -f /etc/sysconfig/i18n ] && echo "LANG=en_US" > $PGDATA/../initdb.i18n

I agree though that it seems like a bad choice to default to en_US
rather than C.  Lamar, any reason why it's like that?