Re: Changes to functions and triggers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Changes to functions and triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
> OK, so I went back to basically what I had before.

> CREATE FUNCTION make_date()
>     RETURNS opaque
>     AS '/usr/pgsql/modules/make_date.so'
>     LANGUAGE 'c';

> CREATE TRIGGER make_dates
>     BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON bgroup
>     FOR EACH ROW
>     EXECUTE PROCEDURE make_date (edate, aniv, emon, eyear);

> INSERT INTO bgroup (bname, client_id, actypid, aniv, emon, eyear, pmon, pyear)
>     VALUES ('guest', 1000, 1, 1, 1, 2000, 1, 2000);

Looks OK to me.

> And here is what I get.
> ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 24224: cache lookup failed

You sure you didn't fall into the same old trap of you-must-create-
the-trigger-after-the-function?  If you drop and recreate the function,
it has a new OID, so you have to drop and recreate the trigger because
it links to the function by OID.

(Someday we ought to make that work better.)