Re: Anonymous CVS access

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Anonymous CVS access
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> The CVS server seems to be working again, but logging in with an empty
> password doesn't work. The web interface to anonymous CVS doesn't
> work either.

> [bruno@bruno bruno]$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot login
> (Logging in to anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org)
> CVS password:
> /projects/cvsroot: no such repository
> cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server anoncvs.postgresql.org rejected access

I believe the intention is to get rid of the separate anoncvs mirror and
make anoncvs access go directly to the primary archive.  This will have
two good effects: eliminate the synchronization delay between primary
and anoncvs repositories, and eliminate the (bogus) difference in
cvsroot paths, which creates unnecessary diffs between what committers
and noncommitters see in their checkouts.  The bad effect is that
noncommitters will have to re-check-out from the correct repository
path, which is just /cvsroot.

We're not quite there yet, because the anoncvs user isn't turned on:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot login
(Logging in to anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org)
CVS password:
Fatal error, aborting.
anoncvs: no such user
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server anoncvs.postgresql.org rejected access

but that's my understanding of what Marc plans to do next.