Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hugh Ranalli <hugh@whtc.ca> writes:
> The problem is that I downloaded the latest version of the Latin-ASCII
> transliteration file (r34 rather than the r28 specified in the URL). Over 3
> years ago (in r29, of course) they changed the file format (
> https://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/5873) so that
> parse_cldr_latin_ascii_transliterator loads an empty rules set.

Ah-hah.

> I'd be
> happy to either a) support both formats, or b), support just the newest and
> update the URL. Option b) is cleaner, and I can't imagine why anyone would
> want to use an older rule set (then again, struggling with Unicode always
> makes my head hurt; I am not an expert on it). Thoughts?

(b) seems sufficient to me, but perhaps someone else has a different
opinion.

Whichever we do, I think it should be a separate patch from the feature
addition for combining diacriticals, just to keep the commit history
clear.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters