Re: [bug fix] strerror() returns ??? in a UTF-8/C database with LC_MESSAGES=non-ASCII

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [bug fix] strerror() returns ??? in a UTF-8/C database with LC_MESSAGES=non-ASCII
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have no clue about the gettext stuff but I am in favor of including
> the raw errno in strerror() messages (no backpatching tho).

I dislike that on grounds of readability and translatability; and
I'm also of the opinion that errno codes aren't really consistent
enough across platforms to be all that trustworthy for remote diagnostic
purposes.  I'm fine with printing the code if strerror fails to
produce anything useful --- but not if it succeeds.