Re: Improving pg_dump performance when handling large numbers of LOBs

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Improving pg_dump performance when handling large numbers of LOBs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/5/24 12:32, Ken Marshall wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2024 at 09:17:53PM +0100, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
>>
>> På mandag 05. februar 2024 kl. 21:10:53, skrev Wyatt Tellis <
>> wyatt.tellis@gmail.com <mailto:wyatt.tellis@gmail.com>>:
>>
>> No, we don't have the ability to make schema changes and the schema in the
>> PG15 copy needs to match what's in the PG 12 versions
>>
>> Well then, I guess it boils down to how badly the ones in charge wants this
>> migration…
>>
>> --
>> Andreas Joseph Krogh
>> CTO / Partner - Visena AS
>> Mobile: +47 909 56 963
>> andreas@visena.com <mailto:andreas@visena.com>
>> www.visena.com <https://www.visena.com>
>>   <https://www.visena.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> Can you use logical replication? Then you aren't under the gun to make
> a fast copy.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/logical-replication-restrictions.html

"Large objects (see Chapter 35) are not replicated. There is no
workaround for that, other than storing data in normal tables."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com