Re: Transform for pl/perl

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Transform for pl/perl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> The remaining unresolved issue in this thread is Ilmari's suggestion
> that we should convert integers to Perl IV (or UV?) if they fit, rather
> than always convert to NV as now.

Oh ... after re-reading the thread I realized there was one other point
that we'd all forgotten about, namely the business about ~0 getting
converted to -1 rather than what Perl interprets it as.  Ilmari sent in
a patch for that, against which I'd raised two complaints:

1. Possible compiler complaints about a constant-false comparison,
on machines where type UV is 32 bits.

2. Need for secondary expected-output files, which'd be a pain to
maintain.

I realized that point 1 could be dealt with just by not trying to be
smart, but always using the convert-to-text code path.  Given that it
seems to be hard to produce a UV value in Perl, I doubt it is worth
working any harder than that.  Also, point 2 could be dealt with in
this perhaps crude way:

-- this might produce either 18446744073709551615 or 4294967295
SELECT testUVToJsonb() IN ('18446744073709551615'::jsonb, '4294967295'::jsonb);

Pushed with those adjustments.