Re: pgsql: Sync our copy of the timezone library with IANA release tzcode20

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Sync our copy of the timezone library with IANA release tzcode20
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Sync our copy of the timezone library with IANA release tzcode2016g.

> My compiler (Apple LLVM version 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.38)) doesn't like this:
> zic.c:427:53: error: implicit conversion from 'unsigned long long' to
> 'int' changes value from 18446744073709551615 to -1
> [-Werror,-Wconstant-conversion]
>                 int                     amax = nitems_max < SIZE_MAX ? nitems_max : SIZE_MAX;

Hmm ... I wonder what the IANA guys think they're doing here?
There are no platforms on which INT_MAX is more than SIZE_MAX.
I think we can just take this out.

(My RHEL6 compiler didn't object to this, but I can reproduce
it on Mac.)