Re: broken comment justification logic in new pgindent

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: broken comment justification logic in new pgindent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Good point.  I see the maximum length changed in this commit:
>     revision 1.70
>     date: 2004/10/02 01:10:58;  author: momjian;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1
>     Update length from 75 to 79.

> We were discussing some pgindent issues at that time on hackers, but I
> don't see any complaints about the length, so I am unsure why I modified
> it, but perhaps I received a private communication asking why it wasn't
> 79.

I remember that discussion, and I remember we agreed to update it to 79.
You're missing the point completely: the problem at hand is that
pgindent is failing to honor its width parameter in some situations.

> Anyway, I have updated the script to be 78,

This is just going to create a lot of gratutitous re-indents without
actually fixing the problem, because whatever bug is causing pgindent
to sometimes not honor the -l switch will still be there.