Re: LWLockAcquire with priority

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: LWLockAcquire with priority
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This will prevent commits being stalled when we occasionally switch clog
> and multixact pages, plus it also stops commits from being stalled when
> there are heavy writers in progress.

Exactly how would a priority mechanism prevent stalling?  If the lock is
held for a long time, it's held for a long time.

The point of the LWLock mechanism is to be lightweight, so I'm
disinclined to put additional complexity into it without a *really*
good reason.  Making it any slower would cost us in many places.