Re: Bug #517: TO_CHAR(timestamp, 'Day') adds extra whitespace

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #517: TO_CHAR(timestamp, 'Day') adds extra whitespace
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> Using the postgresql TO_CHAR function with Day, DAY, day, Month, MONTH or month as the text argument, extra
whitespaceis appended to the output.

AFAIK this is the intended behavior.  There's an FM modifier that you
add to the format item to suppress extra whitespace.  See the examples
in the manual.

(Yes, this formatting language is plenty ugly, but don't blame us ...
we're just trying to be Oracle-compatible with it ...)