Re: Vacuuming problems on TOAST table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Vacuuming problems on TOAST table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Ofer Israeli <oferi@checkpoint.com> writes:
> During our testing we see that the table size increases substantially.  When looking at the autovacuum log, set with
defaultconfiguration, it seems that it ran for around 60 seconds (see below and note that this was a 1-minute test,
i.e.only 100 updates)!

autovacuum is intended to run fairly slowly, so as to not consume too
much resources.  If you think it's too slow you can adjust the
autovacuum_cost tunables.

> When setting a higher cost for the autovacuum, tried values of 2000, it ran for even longer: ~400 seconds!

That's the wrong direction, no?

От: Ofer Israeli
Сообщение: Vacuuming problems on TOAST table
От: Kevin Traster
Сообщение: Re: index scan forward vs backward = speed difference of 357X slower!