Re: Full text search randomly not working for short prefixes?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Full text search randomly not working for short prefixes?
Дата
Re: Full text search randomly not working for short prefixes?
Список pgsql-general
cen <imbacen@gmail.com> writes:
> Something funny going on with my full text search.. and I have no idea what.

The way to debug this sort of thing is generally to look at what tsquery
you're actually getting.  I get

regression=# select to_tsquery(unaccent('a:*'));
NOTICE:  text-search query contains only stop words or doesn't contain lexemes, ignored
 to_tsquery
------------

(1 row)

regression=# select to_tsquery(unaccent('an:*'));
NOTICE:  text-search query contains only stop words or doesn't contain lexemes, ignored
 to_tsquery
------------

(1 row)

regression=# select to_tsquery(unaccent('ana:*'));
 to_tsquery
 'ana':*
(1 row)

Of course, only the last is going to match 'ana'.

So you need to use a text search configuration in which a/an are
not stop words.  Or possibly you could cast the unaccent result
directly to tsquery rather than passing it through to_tsquery(),
though likely that would just have a different set of failure modes
with queries where you do wish stemming would occur.

The problem with "no" seems to be the same.