Re: autogenerating headers & bki stuff

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: autogenerating headers & bki stuff
Дата
Re: autogenerating headers & bki stuff  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> AFAICT the only opclasses that need to be in the bootstrap set are
> int2_ops, int4_ops, name_ops, oid_ops, and oidvector_ops.

Maybe so, but the first two are part of the integer_ops family.  If
we have to continue implementing all of that through DATA statements
then we haven't done much towards making things more maintainable
or less fragile.  I think we need to try to get *all* of the operator
classes out of the hand-maintained-DATA-entries collection.

The argument about optional stuff doesn't impress me.  I would think
that something that's going to be optionally loaded doesn't need to be
considered during bootstrap mode at all.  We can just have initdb run
some SQL scripts (or not) during its post-bootstrap phase.