Re: [ADMIN] About lower and uppercase

От geek24@avantel.net
Тема Re: [ADMIN] About lower and uppercase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks!!!

I use ilike and I get the result that I want...

Thanks!!!!!

Regards!

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Stephan Szabo sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 21:50:06 -0800 (PST)
To: geek24@avantel.net, pgsql-general@postgresql.org,
pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] About lower and uppercase

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, [iso-8859-1] Sonia Sánchez Díaz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I don't  know if this is possible from postgresql configuration...
>
> I want to ignore the use of uppercase and lowercase from the data restored
> into the DB...
>
> I mean, if I  write a query like this:
>
> select * from fruits where fruit_name like 'orange';
>
> I could get any result where the string looks like:
>
> orange
> Orange
> ORANGE
>
> Is it possible???

Not really without doing a little bit of changing
to the query (for example using ILIKE rather than LIKE
or lower(fruit_name) like 'orange' with an appropriate
index on lower(fruit_name).

Theoretically, it could perhaps be possible to create a locale
which compare 'orange' and 'OraNgE' equally and then
initdb in that locale, but I've never tried it so I don't
know if it'd work.

http://mail2web.com/ .