Re: SQL Comments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL Comments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Copeland <greg@CopelandConsulting.Net> writes:
> "\dd Displays all descriptions for all database objects."

> When I do this, I get, "ERROR:  No such attribute a.oid".  Is this a
> feature?  The documentation incorrect?  Changed since it was written?

Sounds to me like you are using an older psql with a newer server.
Try to get 'em in sync.

> Also, I noticed that none of the system tables appear to have any
> comments on them.  Is that by design, lack of value on doing so, or
> something else I don't understand?

Most of the pg_proc and pg_type entries have comments on 'em --- a grep
for DESCR macros counts:
/home/postgres/pgsql/src/include/catalog/pg_am.h: 4
/home/postgres/pgsql/src/include/catalog/pg_class.h: 8
/home/postgres/pgsql/src/include/catalog/pg_database.h: 1
/home/postgres/pgsql/src/include/catalog/pg_language.h: 3
/home/postgres/pgsql/src/include/catalog/pg_namespace.h: 3
/home/postgres/pgsql/src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h: 1281
/home/postgres/pgsql/src/include/catalog/pg_type.h: 53
There's never been any concerted effort to put comments on anything
else.