Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add ERROR msg for GLOBAL/LOCAL TEMP is not yet implemented

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add ERROR msg for GLOBAL/LOCAL TEMP is not yet implemented
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 9 June 2012 16:46, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I don't believe there was actual consensus for this change,

> It was hardly a subject of marked disagreement.

It was hardly a subject of discussion, as yet.

Personally I'm pretty doubtful about suddenly starting to throw errors
for syntax we've accepted without complaint for over nine years, on
merely the grounds that we *might* get around to making it do something
different in the future.  You yourself have complained loudly about
compatibility breaks that were considerably better founded than this.

Possibly a NOTICE or WARNING (with some other text than this) would be
a better choice for warning people that a compatibility break might
be coming.