Re: [HACKERS] Cutting initdb's runtime (Perl question embedded)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Cutting initdb's runtime (Perl question embedded)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 10:00:21AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I believe that this patch will never make for any functional change,
>> it will only give you some other alias for the zone it would have
>> selected anyway.

> Looking at the list of aliases, I am not seeing listed countries running
> across multiple timezones, so that may be fine.

Not sure what you're worried about.  "Linked" time zones are the *same
data*.  In an installed tzdb tree, the Japan file is either a hardlink or
symlink to the Asia/Tokyo one, so they can't differ.  What you seem to be
speculating about is actual errors in the tzdb data, ie not describing
the facts on the ground in particular places.  That's possible I suppose
but it's hardly our problem if it happens; it'd be theirs to fix.