Re: Backend-internal SPI operations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backend-internal SPI operations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <janwieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
>     Hmm  -  too  simple  - real life is harder. So to what do you
>     expand the query

>         SELECT a, c, d FROM my_view, other_table
>             WHERE my_view.a = other_table.a
>             AND other_table.x = 'foo';
       SELECT a, c, d    FROM (SELECT a, b, c FROM my_table) AS my_view, other_table           WHERE my_view.a =
other_table.a          AND other_table.x = 'foo';

I'm still not detecting a problem here ... if selecting from a view
*doesn't* act exactly like a sub-SELECT, it'd be broken IMHO.

We're not that far away from being able to do this, and it looks more
attractive to work on that than to hack the rewriter into an even
greater state of unintelligibility ...

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Backend-internal SPI operations
От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: Backend-internal SPI operations