Re: Migration/Upgrade Problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Migration/Upgrade Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Your library problems are likely because you just copied the binary? I
> assume you didn't actually install postgresql.

That's what it looked like to me --- you can't just copy an executable
that's been built on a far newer platform.  However, you could run
pg_dumpall on the newer machine and have it connect to the old server
across the network.

> As far as running older
> versions of pg_dumpall, I am not even sure 8.3 will work on 7.0.

It's supposed to, and I do test it on occasion ;-).  The main gotcha I'd
watch out for is that you should probably use --column-inserts instead
of relying on COPY mode for a server that old.