Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] scalability issues on win32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] scalability issues on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Merlin Moncure wrote:
>> Ok, I am starting to strongly suspect the statistics collector of
>> various kinds of malfeasance.

> OK, the big problem is that we are nearing RC1.  We would like some
> feedback on this as soon as possible.  A major Win32 cleanup for this
> could delay the 8.0 release.

I would say that it shouldn't delay the release --- worst case, we say
"the collector doesn't work very well under Win32 yet".  It's probably
not the only part of the system we'll find needs work under Win32.

This is moot if Merlin can find some simple fixable bug, but I'm worried
that doing anything significant might require major work.

BTW, what about the issue we just identified with piperead() failing to
set errno on Windows?  That would certainly account for the "random
collector restarts" complaint ...

Сообщение: Re: Poor Performance on a table
Сообщение: Re: Poor Performance on a table