Re: Windows Build System - My final thoughts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Windows Build System - My final thoughts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> Without documented testing and sufficient warnings until enough
> history is banked, I don't think a native windows port should be
> given any kind of seal of approval.

That was my last point also: we have years of track record on most of
our Unix ports, and none yet on Windows.  Even several months of
intensive testing by a small number of people will hardly level the
playing field.

> After that, what about keeping the code current?

I don't think that's an issue.  We are not blessing anything based on
7.2 ;-).  The objective is to merge the changes into CVS tip and have
a first "official" Windows port as part of the 7.4 release.  After that,
it'll stay as current as any other port that's being actively used.

Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System