Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> kgrittn@CCDEV-DB:/etc/init.d> flex --version
> flex 2.5.31
> Just how broken is the version we're using?

You might want to take that up with SuSE.  The flex NEWS file just cites
"numerous bug and security fixes" from .31 to .33.

Our CVS logs show half a dozen changes we made some years ago to make
our code work with 2.5.31, but I can't tell from the log entries whether
those were workarounds for bugs in flex or fixes for obsolete coding on
our side.

We could try setting the min version at 2.5.31, though, until we find
some specific reason it doesn't work for us.  2.5.31 is significantly
older (release date 2003-04-01, vs 2006-02-20), so there's definitely
more chance of people having it.

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5