Re: Qual evaluation cost estimates for GIN indexes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Qual evaluation cost estimates for GIN indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> BTW, an entirely different line of thought is "why on earth is @@ so
> frickin expensive, when it's comparing already-processed tsvectors
> with only a few entries to an already-processed tsquery with only one
> entry??".  This test case suggests to me that there's something
> unnecessarily slow in there, and a bit of micro-optimization effort
> might be well repaid.

Oh, scratch that: a bit of oprofiling shows that while the tsvectors
aren't all that long, they are long enough to get compressed, and most
of the runtime is going into pglz_decompress not @@ itself.  So this
goes back to the known issue that the planner ought to try to account
for detoasting costs.