Re: pg_largeobject and toast

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_largeobject and toast
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp (YAMAMOTO Takashi) writes:
> what's a supposed way for a user to create a toast table?
> the comment in include/storage/large_object.h
> ("unless the user creates a toast-table for pg_largeobject...")
> made me think there's a way, but i couldn't find one.

At one time there was an actual command ALTER TABLE foo CREATE TOAST TABLE
(or something close to that, don't recall the exact spelling) that
in principle could have been invoked on pg_largeobject.  That's not
there anymore, but as you say it's still possible for pg_largeobject
to acquire a toast table if you're willing to perform random ALTERs
on it.  It's not recommended of course; given the usage of the table,
it could only be a performance loss.