Re: uuid type for postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: uuid type for postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> Still seems odd to me: I would expect psql to have readline, not postgres.

That's because we generate just one LIBS list and use it for all the
executables we build.  Autoconf makes it a bit difficult to do
otherwise.

There is an option in the linux linker to suppress ldd references to
shared libraries that aren't actually used by the program, but when
we tried to use it we found out it was pretty buggy (see archives).