Re: Full statement logging problematic on larger machines?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Full statement logging problematic on larger machines?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet@gmail.com> writes:
> I don't know if the logging integrated into PostgreSQL can bufferize
> its output. Andrew?

It uses fwrite(), and normally sets its output into line-buffered mode.
For a high-throughput case like this it seems like using fully buffered
mode might be an acceptable tradeoff.  You could try changing _IOLBF
to _IOFBF near the head of postmaster/syslogger.c and see if that helps.
(If it does, we could think about exposing some way of tuning this
without modifying the code, but for now you'll have to do that.)

Сообщение: Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4
Сообщение: Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4